This post is now closed
Highbury and its story are great starting points for discovering what Birmingham has to offer. As part of the Commonwealth Games Celebrating Communities programme in 2022 we will host a series of events and create resources to welcome people to the city, share its history and expand the stories of Birmingham’s Roots.
The key themes are:
• Supporting people to put down roots in Birmingham
• Looking at the founding of Birmingham as a city
• Creating routes and maps of Chamberlain’s Birmingham
We need an expert Artist/Designer who can help us pull the programme together and share the project in a beautiful, imaginative and collaborative way.
Our Birmingham Roots Artist/Designer will support the production process of the programme and create:
· A Treasures of Moseley Map – Combining the information and physical map with a striking and inviting design
· A Chamberlain Trail Map – unifying design that brings these places connected with the Chamberlains to life.
· Kits for people to create 3D model birds to be hung at KHARnival 2022 – Theme: We are all Birds of One Sky
Read more about the project here.
This work can take place over up to 6 months starting with an event on Feb 8th and finishing on 17th July with an exhibition of community created work.
We are interested in working with someone with close connection to the commonwealth and artists from around the world. We are happy to work with a pair of artists, please let us know if you would like to work in partnership with another artist.
There will be on site events, community partnership work and some home working.
We expect the work to take around 50-60 hours and the fee we have is £1,300
To apply please send a letter outlining your experience of working in a co-creative context with community partners, and examples/illustrations of your work, to Lucy the Project Coordinator – ChamberlainHighburytrust@outlook.com
Deadline January 21st 2022 – 4pm