The Highbury (also known as Highbury Hall) apple and pear pergola was commissioned by Joseph Chamberlain over 110 years ago. The pergola has managed to survive for this long through a combination of luck and love.
Rhododendrons were planted extensively at Highbury from 1879 to 1904 and many specimens still delight visitors in May and June.
Over one hundred rhododendron specimens have been identified and mapped in six areas of the grounds at Highbury. Some interesting discoveries have been made!