We are fortunate to have secured Lottery funding for what will, in the coming few years, be a major restoration of Highbury’s mansion and gardens. We currently have a development grant which has allowed us to assemble a professional team to help us design the works and achieve our preferred outcomes. We shall be applying for a delivery grant in August 2023 and it is this funding which will enable us to start work on the restoration.
Our trustees work together to:
- Set the Trust’s Vision, Objectives and purpose
- Promote the restoration project and inform the public about it
- Engage with our stakeholders, our staff and our volunteers to make sure we take account of all points of view
- Plan for when we can run Highbury in place of Birmingham City Council.
Individually, your role as a trustee would include:
- Keep yourself informed about our work through attendance at meetings, visits to Highbury and reading about Highbury and about heritage projects generally
- Make decisions and act in the best interests of the Trust, not in your own self-interest
- Be an ambassador for Highbury and promote our work to relevant audiences.
The Role Description contains a full description of an individual trustee’s role. We welcome applicants who may not meet all our suggested criteria. Please do not be dissuaded from applying if you feel you have a complementary skillset and passion for an exciting community project.
Your commitment as a trustee
We will make an initial appointment of a trustee for a probationary period until the autumn of 2023. After successful completion, an appointment for up to three years will be available.
The time commitment for an individual trustee’s work will be around 2 days a month, mostly in person at Highbury, but there are facilities for attending remotely. There will be opportunities to serve further both internally (for example, task & finish work) and externally (for example representing the Trust on outside bodies).
The position is unpaid, but we will reimburse all reasonable travel and subsistence expenses.
The role will be based in Birmingham, UK.
Go to Application Process