The Chamberlain Highbury Trust

Highbury is a Grade II* listed building, which was commissioned as his Birmingham residence by Joseph Chamberlain in 1878, two years after he became member of parliament for Birmingham. It took its name from the Highbury area of London, where Chamberlain had lived as a child.

The south facing grounds of 30 acres associated with Highbury were mainly landscaped by Edward Milner in 1879.

The Chamberlain Highbury Trust was established in 2016 to preserve and restore the house and grounds and give them both a sustainable future.

Our aspiration is to make Highbury fully accessible to everyone and regain its rightful place in Birmingham’s historical and cultural landscape.

Please sign up to our monthly newsletters for regular updates.